Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new wheels and tires for my bone-stock 68 (suspension is a bit saggy, maybe a half 1/2 - 1 inch under stock). i have about 8.5" from the rocker trim to the floor. Currently have 14x6 Rallyes on it. Want to get wheels and tires that better fill the wheel wells, but not stuff the wheel wells...will consider 16" and maybe even 17 out back, but want to stay away from Pro-touring look. probably some sort of Torq-thrust look wheel.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
SDS

·
Registered
249 Posts
I put Cragar SS rims on mine, kind of a retro late 60's to early 70's look. 15 X 7 on fronts (4 1\2 back space). Put 16 x 8 on rear. If I were to do it again I'd put 16's on the front & 17's on the rear with low profile tires (maybe 40 or 50 profile). Currently using 60 profile. You may need to change the speedo gear if you mess with rear overall tire diameter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put Cragar SS rims on mine, kind of a retro late 60's to early 70's look. 15 X 7 on fronts (4 1\2 back space). Put 16 x 8 on rear. If I were to do it again I'd put 16's on the front & 17's on the rear with low profile tires (maybe 40 or 50 profile). Currently using 60 profile. You may need to change the speedo gear if you mess with rear overall tire diameter.
got any photos to share ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts