Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 69 camaro and I'm starting to take her apart. I would like some suggestions on books for the Restoration. Mainly books on body work and the removal and installition of parts and last but not least the engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have found the "Camaro Restoration Handbook" by HPBooks-758 and "Camaro Owners Handbook" by HPBooks-1301 to be helpful. I bought them from Books a Million.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You might want to invest in the Factory Assembly Manual, the Factory Chassis Service Manual and the Fisher Body Manual. They are available through most of the parts suppliers that specialize in First Gen Camaros.

These have all saved my bacon a time or two! Many of the questions posted on this board can be answered simply by researching the manuals!

Good luck!

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good suggestions choptop, I use those as well as the GM Overhaul Manual - It goes into more engine, transmission & general parts overhaul details.

the5farrs, as you can see we build quite a library over the years!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was wondering if anyone ever bought the CD-ROM which incorporates all of these manuals on one disk, I was thinking of buying one, but wondered if the Windows-Based manuals are any good.....

I was going to buy the Camaro Restoration Handbook, but then I checked in the local library and they had it, after you read it once or twice, I have found that you wont ever open it up again, the shop manuals are alot better to have.
IMHO
http://www.firewheelclassics.com/camaro_literature.htm

------------------
1968 Camaro RS SS
1966 Ford Mustang

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personally, I would have a hard time parking a camaro next to my computer. It's alot easier for me to just grab a book and go to work. Okay, okay, just a little word play humor.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check amazon.com for that camaro restoration handbook..just got one from them for $12.50....new! They sell for around $17 off the shelf somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts