Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 74 Camaro that I am building a budget bracket car out of. Going from the monster 350 SBC to a 454. lol I know when I put the 396 in my '68, the factory brake booster was about 1/4 inch from the SHORT valve covers. I don't know if the second gen are any different but this 454 has tall covers to clear full roller rockers. The stock booster seems to be about 10" wide. Am I going to have issues???

Last question is if I am going to have to deal with the motor mount style or position? I don't want to get the engine in the bay and realize that I need to do something with the mounts. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
First of all you need to become a member of www.nastyz28.com (BEST 2nd Gen Camaro web site, PERIOD!!)

The Factory installed big blocks in 70-72 Camaros (L-34, L-78, LS-3)

Factory Valve covers had indented corner to help remove cover. I doubt these factory covers would clear your roller rockers.

Many Day 2 70+ Camaro big blocks used cast aluminum aftermarket valve covers.

The 70 Camaro Z-28 and Big Block used shorter eng mounting frame brkt so as intake, carb and air cleaner would clear hood.
There brkts are repopped. I suspect your subframe small block brkts will not be correct.

Please go to nastyz28 and start searching and asking............

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all you need to become a member of www.nastyz28.com (BEST 2nd Gen Camaro web site, PERIOD!!)

Boy....I think I'm going to have to disagree with you there! I DID become a member and getting people to reply to posts is like pullin' teef. When I do get a reply, they can sometimes be arrogant. Think I'm gunna stay right here where I have had excellent luck! :yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts