Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had their brake booster restored? My question is whether or not the restorer removed the firewall brackets to address the rust issue between the booster and brackets? Also, if removed, did they replace the rivets holding the brackets with the same looking rivets (inside the booster and the flare - which shows externally)?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My reply from one very well noted restorer was "man, that's way too much work".

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Anyone had their brake booster restored? My question is whether or not the restorer removed the firewall brackets to address the rust issue between the booster and brackets? Also, if removed, did they replace the rivets holding the brackets with the same looking rivets (inside the booster and the flare - which shows externally)?
Sounds like problems but contact Brakeboosters.com and talk to the man, Steve Gregori. Great person and can tell what can be done or offer alternatives.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. I din't mention names, but Steve was the person I spoke with. He does have a very praiseworthy reputation. I realize that the rear of the booster isn't seen when installed (between the attachment brackets), but wondered when it came to a restoration just how involved the process became. Pit removal is an extra charge by the hour. Pit removal is a labor intensive task, and requires many hours of ro-loc sanding, edge tapering, and buffing.

I decided to tackle this phase of the project myself with many years of rifle barrel installation, fluting, and the associated (in the white) buffing and polishing to get it to a mirror finish. The booster doesn't require a mirror finish, but does need to have a uniform smoothness before zinc plating and the zinc dichromate coating is applied.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts