Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if this system hooks up to headers or stock manifolds? I called Borla and they told me both... (the guy didn't know what he was talking about)

I'm looking into buying this used system that was on a car for about a year (garage kept), but I'm using my stock exhaust manifolds on my 327. Could I make it work if it is supposed to be used with headers?

how much is too much for this system? summit has it for $550. i'm on a buget of course, that's why i would consider buying a used system.

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process. PS/PB, Factory AC, adding camelhumps and a CompCam XE262

[This message has been edited by JIM68 (edited 10-02-2002).]

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
The guy was probably correct. From your picture, it looks like a muffler shop would need to fab a connector pipe to go from the manifold to the system. I can't comment on price although I, myself, wouldn't pay more than $200.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,Autogear M22,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I have the same set-up on my 67, you'll love it. Beautiful exhaust note, and you can't beat the stainless.

Yes, it will work with stock manifolds, after the muffler shops makes some short downturns and cuts off the header flanges.

200-250 would be a fair price for it.

------------------
Don~ ZZ430DropTophttp://hometown.aol.com/zz430droptop67rs
~~~~and~~~~
70 RS
67 RS/SS Convertible, 70 RS

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the posts guys, i just picked everything up for two hundred bills.
i can't wait to hook it all up... maybe in like a year or so....

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process. PS/PB, Factory AC, adding camelhumps and a CompCam XE262

1 - 4 of 4 Posts