Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Jason. I bought a 1967 Camaro about three weeks ago. Yesterday I bought a 1969 Camaro.

They both need a lot of as far as being restored. The 1967 is overall not bad as far as rust. Also when I bought the Camaro he included $2500 of new sheet metal. just to list some of the sheet metal I got the full floor not just the floor pans but the full floor. The trunk pan, both full quarter panels, the cowl. That is the majority of the sheet metal but there are some others. Also I got two motors with the Camaro one being a rebuilt 400

The 1969 is in pretty rough shape It’s going to need a lot of body work. The 1969 looks to have been a standard. I will probably have some questions about decoding the vin and under the hood numbers

here are some pics

Attachments

· Registered
174 Posts
Pick the 67 to focus on and flip the 69 to fund it. Look forward to following your progress!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I got a buddy that’s an experienced body and paint guy working for me I’m paying him but he is working reasonable compared to what a shop charges He is working out of my shop and I had to buy a ton of tools Plus a $1000 compressor. We r restoring my 66 mustang right now. We r priming it right now. He already replaced a lot of sheet metal. I got motor, transmission, front suspension and rear end out. He is doing a pretty good job so far

· Registered
1967 RS Camaro / 1968 RS Camaro
81 Posts
My name is Jason. I bought a 1967 Camaro about three weeks ago. Yesterday I bought a 1969 Camaro.

They both need a lot of as far as being restored. The 1967 is overall not bad as far as rust. Also when I bought the Camaro he included $2500 of new sheet metal. just to list some of the sheet metal I got the full floor not just the floor pans but the full floor. The trunk pan, both full quarter panels, the cowl. That is the majority of the sheet metal but there are some others. Also I got two motors with the Camaro one being a rebuilt 400

The 1969 is in pretty rough shape It’s going to need a lot of body work. The 1969 looks to have been a standard. I will probably have some questions about decoding the vin and under the hood numbers

here are some pics
What type of plans do you have for the 67?? Pro tour build? Light mods to the suspension or ??
How much of the work are you going to do or are you going to assist your body guy with a lot of the body panels.
Let us know some of the build details if you will, curious about engines/trans/rear ends... etc etc
I would go along as a double build as Z282NV said, I say this simply because I am doing just that currently, 1967 Camaro and 1970 Nova build.
Welcome aboard and good luck in the build (s).

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts