Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Camaro 1968, going along with a propane powered BPE 383 ci, T56, Eaton Posi 4.10:1, MCB Big Brakes
1,384 Posts
:p
Now I am 41 I dare to say I played LEGO Technics, inventing trucks, 4 x 4, cranes, with tons of available parts all my child hood almost until I was ... 16 - 17 ! ... and got taken by parties and girls.
There is no age to build such LEGO so it is great to get it and just build it!!

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 55 and haven't played with Lego's since I was a kid. At that time they were just starting to put out "kits", they usually were small and came in a little box. But most of my childhood was having to use my imagination and put together square pieces to make what I envisioned.
Some of these new Lego sets are crazy complicated, and pricey.

And remember Erector Sets?

Reactions: yellow69RS

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
That would be cool on my trinket shelf in my shop area, next to my Hot Wheel Camaro.

I had a huge Lego collection from the 1970s as a kid. even went to the Lego factory In Denmark as a kid when we were visiting family in Sweden.
All my collection was stolen out of storage, along with my extensive HO train collection while I was overseas in the USAF. Sux, I wanted my oldest boy to have all of that stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Looks like it only comes in black. If I could get it in orange I would buy one. I see you can change the top and the stripe color, but no mention of base color. Black cars are too hot in the summer and hard to keep clean.😩

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Who remembers "Lincoln Logs" and "Tinker Toys"? Boy those were the days. My dad had a wooden box full of plumbing fittings. Kept me occupied for hours building with those fittings while he was working in his shop.
Had all that stuff,
Hot Wheels
Legos
HO trains
and Capsela. cool toys..

Spent hours in my room on rainy days playing with all that.
and when I was "grounded", lol.
Do kids still get Grounded? If I ground my youngest (16) I would have to make him go outside. "you're grounded, go outside ! "

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The colors work out for me, as well as the option of doing the RS grill / headlights.
The red interior isn't ideal, no houndstooth option :D

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had all that stuff back in the day too, I ended up giving my huge collection of Hot Wheels to my younger cousin back when I got too old for them. I wish I still had them, probably a few worth something by now.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I didn't get into Lego when I was a kid, I liked "Hot Wheels" and scale models. My son now, that's a different story.
Here's a die cast display I keep on top of my office cabinets.......
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Hood Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
That's what I'm talking about. I have never found orange and white. Orange and black yes, but not orange and white. Very cool.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
544 Posts
Speaking of cool stuff to assemble, do you guys/gals remember "The Erector set"? lots of metal parts, plenty of small machine screws, nuts, washers, and a gear drive crank if you wanted to make a winch or crane. I am definitely dating myself here.

·
Registered
1969 Chevy Camaro and 1968 Pontiac Firebird
129 Posts
My son and I play Star Wars Legos almost every day. I may have to get one of these but can I keep him from tearing apart is the big question.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts