Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site, i used to cruise team chevelles but ive never owned either. Just bought a 69 roller project and gotta start learning about 1st gens!

Ive owned a fast late model cars: 9 sec 408" LS1 /w spray 800hp 91 C4 Corvette, several 11/12 sec 5.0 mustangs and several 11/13 sec 4th gen fbodies (WS6's)

My first old car project! my brother has a 11 sec 71 challenger, so guess i just plan on going faster than him hehe...

I have a LS1/4l60e from 01 WS6 for the car already. Ive done 5 ls1 swaps so I wont have too much trouble..

hope to learn from you guys, I post on ls1tech.com alot

Heres some pics:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84163
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84159
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84160
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84161
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84162

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome from Cali...:)

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome to the best site on the planet!! Thanks for the picture links. I like the color scheme...Its diferent but cool :cool: Stay awhile and the new guys buy the beers! :beers:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome from another So. Cal Team member! :waving:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Wow, previous owners beat the crap out of that firewall.
Wilkommen

And dont forget about about camaros.org A whole library of 1st gen. info is on that site as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that firewall was the first thing I noticed.....I think im going to put a complete new metal firewall sheet plate in that fills the heater box and cleans up the whole firewall. The owner said the firewall got beat in when they put a HEI distributor in it...I will redo the firewall before the car is sprayed.

I paid $2300 for the car yesterday (I have owned it less than 30 hours officially)

Firewall plate was included (they removed it for paint) code puts it at original Cortez Silver, standard black interior car. Guy said it was a 327/auto. It has the 10-bolt, four wheel drum brakes on it now.

I actually havent even looked the car over for more than a solid 10 minutes, the price was so good I paid and took it before he could change his mind and havent had a chance to ever really look it over well at home yet.

The car came painted this way, I plan on having it repainted shortly and done in a factory color.

Heres exactly what I want it to look like and have always dreamed of:

I will have it go butternut yellow with those exact wheels and everything and clean factory looking soon as I make sure its ready to head to my paint shop. I will clone a RS/SS out of the car....

·
Registered
648 Posts
Good start and nice price. Sounds like you've been down this road before. Have fun lots of info here in the search section.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome ,yes good find for the price ,you can beat it out and glass (not bondo )it in smooth,anyway at the right place good luck and take your time and have fun ....Happy Motoring

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I was told it was an original RS car, but I dont believe much till I see proof.

Do RS cars have different fenders? What other things can I do to determine if its a real RS?

·
Registered
29 Posts
welcome from Oklahoma! nice find Motorbuilt, especially for the price. car looks pretty straight for the most part. Sounds like you have some very good plans for this ride. I recently just recieved my second 69 Camaro via truck from California a couple weeks ago and am looking forward to tearing into her. I'll post pics soon... Good luck with the car man

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate the welcomeness from all you guys. I hope I can contribute and put another nice first gen on the road....

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Where are you located in So. Cali?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well I was told it was an original RS car, but I dont believe much till I see proof.

Do RS cars have different fenders? What other things can I do to determine if its a real RS?
Mounting tabs for the headlite buckets on the inside of the fender. To make sure its a real RS it should also have the backup lites in rear valance below the tail lites.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres my other projects, cars:

My 91 C4 Corvette that I put a 408" LS1 /w two stages of spray on it...made a solid 475 rwhp on motor and 740 to the tire on spray. Car went 145mph in the 1/4 running out of gear at the 1000ft... Car was my daily driver when it wasnt broke all the time...drove it everywhere.
Car:

Motor:

My 90 LX 5.0 Mustang, 23k original miles...fun project car
Right now its going through a 1100hp 370" LS1 shortblocked, L92 headed setup with a single 76mm turbo on it. Should run mid-high 8's with the parts ive got in it. th400 on a brake, full strange built 8.8 9" ends etc..2900 lbs
Original paint and perfect. Doesnt have its first scratch yet:

94 Mustang Cobra: 402" iron blocked turbo motor. Trying to run PSCA true street, car needs to go 7.90-8.20 to be competitive....looking for 1400 hp

My brothers 71 Challenger: 91 octane pump gas street car. 440 /w ported Edelbrock heads, forged bottom end, built 727 /w 3500 converter, 3.91 8-3/4" rearend. He drove it 500 miles with the whole family loaded in for the Van Nuys car show recently....very nice street cruiser. Went 11.69 @ 118 in street trim.... Soon to get sprayed with a plate and be a nice 10 second car.

My 2000 WS6 Ram Air Transam! well it was still 4 days ago when I sold it so I could go buy the 69 camaro and have 7 grand left to start putting into it! Never been happier:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts