Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

I have bought some parts from a person here on TC and have not recieved the parts and I can not get him via the phone or e-mails. He is not a paying member but has been around for several years and has over 300 posts. We talked over few months and I can't belive he's a scammer.

Is there anyone in the membership that lives in or very close to Byhalia MS. It's south of Olive Branch. I was hoping we might have someone close that could check in, I can provide a phone number and address.

Here is the post, one part was listed as sold, anyone here? Did you get it?

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98189

Thanks
Joe

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
That stinks, Joe. I did a search of users in MS and there are 126....unfortunately there aren't many that I would consider "recently active"...:noway: There are a few in Olive Branch, but they either never posted or have less than 10 in 2-3 years..:( Maybe call the sheriffs office for his county and ask if they could check up on him cause he hasn't answered his phone in a while and maybe he needs help ??;)

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not a bad idea. Maybe just call them and register a complaint? I wonder if they would check in with him then? Never had to go through this before. He will not return calls, e-mails or PM's. I just hope it's a problem he's having/had and not a scammer. That's why I used PM's for almost everything thinking that it's only him getting info etc.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
His public profile shows his last activity as of March 22nd. By the laundry list of stuff he has/had for sale, it could be finanacial problems or divorce scenario. I'll PM him and ask about some of the stuff for sale...see if I get a response.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I sent a PM about an hour ago....:thumbsup: We'll see what happens...:cool:

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did he ever get back to you? I pulled out my Postal Money order reciept today and will file a complaint with them first I think.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He got back to me tonight and gave me a tracking number. He has been busy working as much as I do. I was hoping we just had a commumication problem. Parts should be here soon I hope !!!

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it took a little more time and a seriuos phone call and PM but my parts are here. Just as advertised.

I will keep this post up for a while then close it.

He told me he had just been very busy and that there was a problem at FED EX and parts came back to him. He di not get back to them for a few days. It all sounds resonable. The main thing is a fellow TC'er came through. I can honestly say that even though I had this problem that I would go back for more stuff that he has. I honestly don't think he was out to make things difficult. Stuff happens and I will leave it at that.

Thanks for helping me out Mitch!! And thanks Al for your fine help also!!

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.