Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all,
I finally got my console guages rebuilt in my 69 coupe and console installed. Everything seems to work great EXCEPT the amp guage is bouncing pretty hard. It did this also before I sent them out to be rebuilt and I spoke to the rebuilder (D&M restorations...excellent work, highly recommended) and he said everything is working perfectly and calibrated correctly and the bouncing has to be on my end. He also did tell me to run a ground wire from the front guage mounting plate to the rear so both the plates will be grounded, and I did just that. When I put the headlights on (with the car running) I noticed the dash lights flicker a little and I'm sure the amp guage bouncing and the dash lights flickering have something to do with each other. Any suggestions where to start looking. I've gone through the whole ground wire checking when I had other electrical problems and all those problems are cleared up so I don't know what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
32,278 Posts
The mechanical regulator needs alittle adjusting of charging voltage as it is set right on the line. Most any Alt & Starter repair shop can adjust it off the car.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
its just the mechanical voltage regulator....

i bet it smooths out with rpm's right?

it is only bouncing while in idle?

i would'nt worry about it..

mechanical reg's do that......

just make sure your charging with a volt meter at you battery.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts