Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any other 69 Camaros to compare to, I have all my body lines looking pretty nice but my original SS hood bows up about 1/8" above the top of the fenders in the middle with a nice soft taper , is this just the way it fits or do I have a bow in my hood? if so is there a way to bend it back down without screwing the hood up?

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Can you post a picture, also have you tried to take off the rubber seal along the cowl to see if that makes a difference. I think it may be the hood hinges when closing the hood they are putting to much pressure on the hood.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I had the same issue in 2 places on my repro hood. The hood seemed good compared to a prev hood but still. I had to drill some spot welds to bring mine down....which went fine. Then rewelded. If no access to welder can try bending ....do search on here.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the original hood, other than being bowed a bit up it's in perfect condition. if you use a jack to push it down how do you keep from denting it? seems like even if you used 2x4 or something to push against it would put too much pressure on the high spot and tweak something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts