Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
What are the casting #'s on the heads I may be able to supply some info from GM perf. parts catalog here.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
The Phase II has the highest perf. potential of any cast iron chevy head (not up to date)
In unmodifiedform will flow more air than any production cast iron head.

Phase II can be identified from Phase I by its redesigned outer water jacket wall with a machined bar between the exhaust manifold flanges. Phase I castings have a raised parting line between the exhaust flanges. The phase II also has the water temp hole machined flat.

Phase II has a revised CC with a true 64cc
190 cc intake runners w/ extra thick wal sections allow the ports to be inlarged.
big valves w/ hardened seats.
valve spring pocket machined 1.50 diameter comp. springs
42lb bare

This info directly from an old GM per. parts catalog.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm looking at a pair of 14011034 cast iron bowties. I know they outperform the 186 head but before I commit i need to know header limitation and heating the choke coil, (divorced choke, 4053 holley 780 carb), otherwise I'm certain these head rock ported or unported!!
these heads have angled spark plugs and do not have the heat cross over. They are over the counter racing heads. They don`t flow too much better than 186`s stock but with some good porting will definately out run the camel hump heads. They first started out as the "292 turbo" head. I had a set of those that were ported ad flowed and the numbers were pretty impressive for such a small runner. They started out at 185cc`s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts