Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right section. Where is the best place to get these for my 67 Camaro? I'm looking at a 17x8 in the front, and a 18x9 in the rear. Anyone have an idea which place me best/cheapest, and best for ordering?
Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Check out shop.sportruck.com

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
If you don't have a local tire shop that is willing to get them for you (showing up in your '67 when shopping for them it is the key to unlocking "good guy" deals) then go to www.google.com and type in "Boyd Cottington Smoothie" ans start looking for the best price, keep shipping in mind...

·
Premium Member
823 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 17X8's and 17X10's. I bought them directly from Boyd's during their monthly Sale/Open House about 9 months ago, paid $200ea. ($800 total).

·
Registered
70 Posts
How did you get 10 inch rims to fit under your car?
The same tire (275/40) on a 9.5" rim grows only a small amount when mounted on a 10" rim. 9.5" is very common for 1st gen f-bodies.

[ 01-31-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: HOT OHC ]

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
It cool to see you pushing the limit. How about a shot from the rear down the side showing how far the tire sticks out. What back spacing on those 10" wheels OHC? Have you ever loaded 4 people in that bird and gone for a cruise? Any rubbing?

·
Registered
70 Posts
How about a shot from the rear down the side showing how far the tire sticks out.
Stick OUT!! please, this is no pro-street :D

It's tuff to photgraph but hope these will help you see the tries remain under the fenderwell.

I plan on lowering the rear a little more, still kinda high.

No I have not had 4 adults in the car, the back seat is kinda worhtless imo. I am 6'5" and I also have a roll bar.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
That's what I wanted to see, what did you use to trim the fender lip?

Off topic but kudos on the I6, you just don't see it every day...

·
Registered
70 Posts
DjD- Thanks, here are a few HOT OHC Pic's for ya.

I did the fender lips 20 some od years ago as a teenager and did sort of a hack job. I need to have them done properly.

Here is a cool fender lip tool:
Eastwood

mazspeed-Yep a pontiac alright. I like the wheels but I have not really driven the car yet, just getting my motor going, so I can't give you a real opinion on their performance. I don't expect any problems though.

As far as differences between a '67 camaro and firebird, well besides the firebird being the better car :D I'm not sure. My car came with mono leafs (have multi's now)and non staggered shocks. The firebirds had built in traction bars but only lasted 1 year with them going to staggered in '68 to help with wheel hop.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Originally posted by HOT OHC:
DjD- Thanks, here are a few HOT OHC Pic's for ya.
My Man, that engine really looks NICE, I got to congrat you also, dare to be different
... I've never seen one of those in this latitude, and don't think I'll ever see one. BTW, tire fitment looks great, good excuse to roll the fender lips. :rolleyes: Too late now, just received my Smothies on 17x7 & 17x8, but I adore them anyway.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Now THAT is cool!!!

As for the big meats... I'm suspicious that you don't get rubbing, especially up front.

Nice car! Luv that motor!

JD

·
Registered
70 Posts
ORENCH & JD thanks for the kind words about my motor. Dare to be different

As for the big meats... I'm suspicious that you don't get rubbing, especially up front.
Well I think it's been very common of the last few years to stick 17X8's with 245/40 series tires up front.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts