Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
You guys amaze me with how much you put into these cars!:hurray:

I am stripping my virtually rust free body for paint and I am worried what I will find under the paint at ther bottom of the quarters.:eek:

·
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
890 Posts
No problem. Its one of those little known parts but very helpful. I bought mine from these guys and they got it to us quickly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now if I could find the front subframe mount that attaches to the firewall and floor, I wouldn't have to fabricate anything!!!!

Shouldn't be too hard though, just the bottom is rotted.

Cars and the NorthEast don't fair too well.

Thanks again,

Bill

·
890 Posts
They repro that too. Its attached to the part called "lower firewall". Most who need to replace body perches need to replace the toepans anyway and all is in one piece for less than 300. Restoration world and Classic has them. When I pick mine up this weekend all take a pic. Only way to go in my book. Hope this helps someone because I've spent days tracking this crap down.

·
890 Posts
Its funny Hammered. Mine car came from Ohio and it has rotted the exact same way. We have been working on it for a while now. We're replacing both rockers, the floor, the lower firewall, and anything else thats sure to reer its ugly head. Oh well its half the fun eh?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.