Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a ZZ4/200-4R in my '69. I would like to run braided trans lines to the cooler instead of rubber hose. I have never used braided line and am not sure what all I will need. Could someone that has done this let me know which ends and hose size I need.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ran all braided -6AN tranny lines to the cooler on my car. I have a TH350 and I don't remember what size npt thread the trans used. As far as AN fittings, you won't need to many. I think I only used 4 straight fittings, 2 npt fittings for the trans, and 2 adapters for the cooler. Most of the $ spent was for the 6AN hose.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Transmission side:
2 - 1/4" NPT to -6AN fittings - Jegs P/N 361-981606
2 - -6AN 45* swivel fittings (that's what I used. I don't think you could use straight fittings without a hammer to the tunnel)
Radiator side:
2 - 5/16" inverted flare to -6AN fittings - couldn't find the p/n...
2 - -6AN 90* fittings (that's what I used)
Hose is however many feet you need in -6AN.
With the 2004R, you ought/need to run and external cooler, and the fittings you need for that will be dependent on the cooler connections.

Hope that helps,
Scott

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ok, I had a spare Aeroquip FBM2111 1/2-20 inverted to -6AN adapter that I thought would fit the radiator in the garage.
I just took out the one in my radiator to compare, and it indeed does fit.

That 5/16 inverted flare number is in the archives, but the 1/2-20 inverted has fit 2 radiators of mine...maybe they're the same size?

Have fun. Wear gloves, making that braided line will eat your fingers...even with gloves.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts