Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have searchd on this subject i was not able to find anything. my whole brake system has to be bleed. i have my master on the car. how do you bleed the master with the bleeding nipples on the side. i have read how its done by bench bleeding but i didnt find anything when the master has the nipples on the side. can someone enlighten me?

·
15,375 Posts
I've bench-bled them while the master was installed in the car before. Only because the person who put the brakes together didn't listen to me and bleed it before-hand.

Chuck the master up in a vice. Have the bleeders facing you or at a convenient angle. Fill the reserviors and bleed them one at a time just like you would a caliper installed on the car. Have a bleeder lose, but not open. Depress the plunger in as you crack the bleeder and force fluid\air out. Tighten the bleeder and let go of the plunger. Keep doing that for each reservior until no air comes out. Have enough fluid to keep adding some as you go.

It worked for me when we couldn't get any fluid to his rear brakes.

·
15,375 Posts
I just thought of something..... out of ignorance, I didn't take into account that the brake line holes will be open. Like I said, I've only ever bled them installed.... with all of the lines hooked up. I suppose the ports in the master or the distribution block, if installed, will need to be blocked first.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
since these have the bleeding nipples, will they be able to be bled on the car? if i fill up the lines and master with fluid, i am assuming that it can be done just as easy on the car. from what i understand, one of the reasons for bench bleeding is so air doesnt get trapped near the front of the master but since it has the bleeder, would the air escape through the nipple?

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Hi Angel

I tried it last weekend and it didnt work- bled those m/c bleeders and then entire system- still full of air- pedal to floor- no brakes.

I set up two submerged discharge port bleeder lines with master mounted on car, raised rear of car (not sure if that was needed or not) and got huge air bubbles out of rear of cyl (I have power booster so tilted).

I just pushed foot pedal gently with foot and built a newspaper dam around m/c as the front reservoir will squirt out if you go to fast...Bought a pressure bleeder and bled system again today...now have brakes. I did not bleed master bleeders again.

My fronts wont bleed at 15psi so assume my metering valve still locked out, with pin held in, but will bleed with foot pedal- frustrating stuff.

So Im going to try driving it after mounting my front sheetmetal some day soon....

Lane

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Angel, just get a sort peice of tubing with fittings / adapters that will screw into the master posts. Ignore the masters bleeders. Bend the lines around so they go back into the reservoirs in the master. Then just fill it up and pump it till the lines don't blow bubbles anymore.

Then once it's on the car, you can use those bleeders on the master first if you want.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. i think i will be trying something today. im gonna go to the part store to get one of thes plastic fittings with tubes for rake bleeding. i know i already got a set of them but they keep getting lost. im still thinking about which way i want to go with. the whole system needs to be filled with fluid so i might just go with it on the car because im sure i wont be paying attention and the system will drain low and i will have to do it all over again.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok guys. working on bleding the brakes. the master and the fronts went smooth. when i got to the rears, it wouldnt bleed or for that matter, i couldnt get any fluid out at all. i started to try and track down the clog. i first started to put a vacuum at the rear. then i put air pressure through it and it would not let the air out thourgh the master. then i went to the line at the master. fluid flowed from the master to the prop block and out from the prop block but not to the line down under the body. then i remember that i have one of those blocks under the drivers side seat. i took apart the lines and i blew air threw to the rear and to the master. so, i figure my block is cloged or is there a way to bleed it? maybe the block just needs to be reuiklt. any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.