Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting my 68 camaro to front disk brakes and am looking into a new power booster and master cyclinder for my car.

The motor is a 396 Big Block with stock height chrome valve covers.

Ive heard that you "cant" run a stock 11" inch type booster with a Big Block motor because it wont clear the valve covers...
Is this true??? Does anyone know for sure what type of booster you can fit with a Big Block motor in a 68 camaro?

Ive heard a 9" inch booster and smaller will work with a big block, but I wanted to ask you guys first since maybe some of you have had experience with this and know first hand.

If I do have to run the smaller booster, 9" boosters and smaller seem to be pretty expensive. Much more than a stock 11" type booster...
Have any of you found good prices on the smaller boosters?
Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response blainedoe. So does that mean only an 8" or 9" booster will fit a Big Block Motor in a '68?

I thought more guys on here might have done this and know what works and what doesnt?:confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
no i'm not saying that. an 11" may fit. what i'm sayings is 8" or 9" is what i'm using and got good clearance so why try to squeeze something bigger if you dont have to. know thats what i'm saying. lol:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts