Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 Camaro and I am swapping out the Ft. Drums for pwr Disc.
I purchased a used set from a 74 Nova complete front rotors, calipers, everything, but I need to replace the booster and master cly.
I went to the parts store and found that they are different from 74 Nova to 69 Camaro to 67 Camaro...
Does anyone know what the difference is??? And then what one should I get? I have a 350 in the car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
get the booster and cylinder for a 67 camaro. I believe the difference (correct me anyone) is in the way the thing fits together. the rod that runs into the booster has to be a certain length and the rod coming out has to fit the master cylinder. I really don't think that it matters what the brakes are from, as long as they fit correctly with the tie rods and arms. My disks are from an 80 malibu and I think they work fine with the camaro booster and cylinder.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It really doesn't matter which one you get. The only thing to make sure of, is that the master cylinder and booster are a matched set. Meaning same company and year. There are two different companies which make these things. I would get the one for the camaro.

·
10,142 Posts
I've got photos of some master cyls and boosters on my suspension page, take a look.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts