Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of these kits for my 67 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=260097751392 I hope there a decent set has anyone else used these? any complaints. My question is these come with a proportioning valve that mounts under the master correct. I think my car allready has some sort of brass valve under the driver door on the frame rail. Do I leave the one allready there or will it hurt anything. It had disc brakes originally but were taken off somewhere down the road and the drums put on. . also would it be worth while to replace all the hard lines all the way back?? lots of question but just want it right! thanks TC members

·
Registered
544 Posts
Got everything on the wheels installed. Now for the booster and master. 2 questions.
#1.On the booster there is a plactic plug of some kind. Does that hook up to anything ?
#2. On the valve. Two lines to the front, one bigger line to the rear,two to the master,one hook up( power I think ). Now, there is a black rubber cap in the front. No clue to where that goes since I had drum brakes before. Took off the rubber cap and there is a gold pin in there. Any help Is appreciated.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh, and do I remove the rubber grommet where the master connects to the booster? Sorry for the questions but the Ahole who I bought this from never replies to my e-mails and never sent directions. Thanks TC.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey fireeater i was told by who i got mine from to use the 69 camaro book for install. i don't have one since i own a 67. maybe someone else out there can send a copy or pics? can some one help out here we need some brakes! thanks to TC

·
Registered
652 Posts
fireater, the metal pin on your prop valve / master cyl goes to your brake light switch wire.
the rubber grommet on the booster gets removed and a hose from the back of your intake manifold gets plugged on to it.
My car had power brakes so the hose is already on the manifold, if yours didn't have a booster prior you will need to plug into your intake for vacume.
I'm stumped with the black plug.
Sorry.

Rich

·
Registered
601 Posts
put the cap back on the front of the pin. that pin comes out when you have no brake pressure like lost all fluid in front. that way the backs still will work. got the directions at work not at home. i got mine from ssbs but would still all be the same. who ever switched over to all drum brakes well lol as we all know now disks are better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Blaine, I just ordered the same kit for my 69 from the same guys. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
hey Dave does your new master have a spade or round pin for your wire hook up? mine has a pin. i just got my parts, going thru them now to see if i'm missing anything. did you get a rubber hose for your vacume, i didn't. going to look some more.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here's the update. The kit I used wasn't bad some of the parts were from china I think the price would indicate that but I think most of the conversion are.I wouldn't put it on a show car but I think plenty good for your driver I had a few problems nothing major. If interested you will find those questions in this post http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105178 and this thread also http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105590. All in all good upgrade thanks to everyone that helped. If I can help any one with any questions let me know.:beers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts