Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The far right rear taillight on the 69 stays on when the ignition is turned on and the right turn signal does not work, I would suggest due to that. All other lights work. Could it be a bad socket? Or what else could it be?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yes, if all of the other lights work fine then, it sounds like an issue with that socket. I would test a different bulb just to make sure or a voltmeter if you have one would work also. Sounds like something is grounding out. Look for corrosion, maybe it just needs a little wire brush/sand paper on the contact points before replacing the entire socket. It could also be something in the steering column.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If the taillight sockets are worn, corroded, or loose they will not ground properly and your rear lights will get all "wonky" (as my son says). Make sure your sockets are in place and well grounded.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
The far right rear taillight on the 69 stays on when the ignition is turned on and the right turn signal does not work, I would suggest due to that. All other lights work. Could it be a bad socket? Or what else could it be?
My first thought is the turn signal switch. In order for the light to stay on it has to have power and ground. The ground on a 69 are not as problematic as the 67 and 8. If the bulb is bright I'd assume the ground is good. take a test light or volt meter and find out if the brown wire has power. My guess is no. test the other color (Yellow or green). I'm guessing it will have power as it's the T/S feed. If it has power unplug the T/S switch at the base of the column and see if the light goes out.

Jeff

·
Registered
967 Posts
As silly as it seems, check the bulb. Had a similar problem and it was the bulb. It was only 10 years old!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts