Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble with my brake lights. Kinda a weird situation, but the lights work when I have the parking lights on and when the turn signal is on or the hazards. But when I hit the brakes the drivers side brakes light do not work. The passenger side lights work fine I have changed the bulbs in that side, but that did not help. I got it to work once, but now it doesnt. Could it be a ground? If so, where is it ground? Would if have to do something with the turn signal wire harness that runs done the steering column? The reason I ask is because I have to manually turn the signal off. I just don't get it when it is only the drivers side I am having a problem with, and its only when I hit the brakes?

Any suggestions?

Sixty-Seven rs

·
Registered
13,340 Posts
A ground, there is a black wire that goes into the side of the buld holder, clean connection up and solder the wire to the connector.
OR around the trunk catch is a black wire that is earthed there, clean that up.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Assuming it's the 67 in your sig, the tail lights ground thru the housing and mounting studs. There is NO separate ground wire, at least on a 67 or 68. These problems can often be resolved by using star washers under a couple of the nuts that secure the tial light assy's.

Look at the lights VERY closely when testing.

These are 2 filament bulbs, with a common connection point on the ground side of both filaments. What you will often see is, if the parking lights are not on and you press the brake, BOTH filaments will glow. If the parking lights are on, both filaments will glow (dimly) until you press the brake, then both will go out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts