Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an issue where my brake lights stay on when the brake pedal is at rest. I've unplugged the switch and they go out, so I'm thinking its a faulty switch. Looked on Rick's and there is a switch for those that have power brakes (white), and another for those with manual brakes (black). If you go to Heartbeat City, those are reversed. If you go to some other Camaro parts houses, there is only one switch offered for both.

Anyone know if there is a difference internally or in size of these two switches and why some parts places define two, and others only one? Switches are here:

Camaro Brake Light Switch, For Cars With Power Brakes, 1967-1969

Camaro Brake Light Switch, For Cars Without Power Brakes, 1967-1969

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is the switch adjusted properly, also, if you have manual brakes, you must be sure the pedal return spring is in place. My 67 non power brakes has a black switch (original) if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I have manual brakes, I just went down the the auto parts store and got one.
Either is pretty common,take yours out and go to your local auto parts house.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I have power brakes and a white one as well, so I now know that is the correct one. I don't have a return spring and the brake pedal is firmly against the switch, so adjustment is correct. I'll pull it and head down to Napa to see if they have a replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts