Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I realized my brake lights were stuck on. First possibility, I thought, was the switch wasn’t properly aligned—I recently put a four speed in, and the plunger on the switch was at an angle to the pedal. Aligning it didn’t work, so I put another switch in and that seemed to work for a bit, but now they’re stuck on again.

Driving back home yesterday after I realized the brake lights were stuck on, again, and suddenly the horn starts beeping, at the same rate the blinkers would be! “Beep, beep, beep”, at a regular pattern as if it was connected to the turn signal switch. First of all, I didn’t even know I had a horn—I didn’t connect anything in the steering wheel when I put in my new SS steering wheel, and the horn didn’t work with the old steering wheel.

Could these issues be related?

·
Registered
Wylie, TX - Lee
174 Posts
I would start by re-seating the steering wheel column connector a few times and see if that changes anything. The horn switch, blinker switch and brake light switch are all in the steering column so it seems likely that would be the problem area. Also make sure the steering column itself is getting a good ground to the car body by re-tightening the mounting bolts.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,323 Posts
Looks like this; And to clarify, the harness is not close to any tires (as seen in the background). This must be a picture of a steering column out of the car. I just went into the forum and searched "Steering Column Wiring Harness" and copied this pic into the post.....

Brett.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts