Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered a prebent line kit from Right Stuff and it didnt come with any hose brackets or Tblock. Do I need both the frame and caliper brackets for front and back? (4 wheel disks) The bracket that goes on the differential housing, is that where the Tblock mounts? Anybody have any of these brackets? I cant believe theyre worth what Ricks wants for them.
Also there must be a clip or something missing off my parking brake as there is nothing that contacts the switch when the pedal is pushed down...can anybody post a closeup pic of the mechanism so i can see what i need...
much appreciated!

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
The T-block is part of the rear flex line so if you didn't get a flex kit as well then you won't have one. It connects to the front-to-rear hardline at a bracket on the floor pan behind the rear end and mounts to the rear using your original bracket. I'd let you have mine but I reused it when I put in the Moser. I've got an extra brand new stainless braided rear flex line with T-block I'll make you a good deal on if you want to PM me. I think I've also got a few of the little horseshoe clips that are used to hold the two front and one rear flex line to the frame brackets if you want or need them. No charge.

I got my Right Stuff kit from Matt's and they include all new frame clamps and bolts (although it was short one or two) so I can't speak as to what Right Stuff gives you if you get it straight from them.

I know for my rear kit, even though I ordered it with a four wheel disc kit the lines seemed to be made to connect directly to drums so that made them hit the rotors. I had to do some creative bending on them and don't have brackets at the end by the rear discs where they connect to the flex lines. I mounted them to the Moser for the time being with stainless hose clamps over strips of black exhaust wrap around the axle tubes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The T-block is part of the rear flex line so if you didn't get a flex kit as well then you won't have one. It connects to the front-to-rear hardline at a bracket on the floor pan behind the rear end and mounts to the rear using your original bracket. I'd let you have mine but I reused it when I put in the Moser. I've got an extra brand new stainless braided rear flex line with T-block I'll make you a good deal on if you want to PM me. I think I've also got a few of the little horseshoe clips that are used to hold the two front and one rear flex line to the frame brackets if you want or need them. No charge.

I got my Right Stuff kit from Matt's and they include all new frame clamps and bolts (although it was short one or two) so I can't speak as to what Right Stuff gives you if you get it straight from them.

I know for my rear kit, even though I ordered it with a four wheel disc kit the lines seemed to be made to connect directly to drums so that made them hit the rotors. I had to do some creative bending on them and don't have brackets at the end by the rear discs where they connect to the flex lines. I mounted them to the Moser for the time being with stainless hose clamps over strips of black exhaust wrap around the axle tubes.
I got my kit from Matts, but went directly to RS for the lines as their prices and shipping on the lines were much better. I figured the support comes from them anyway, so might as well go right to the source.
Thanks for your offer - i actually found a Tblock on a different brake line i can use, I did get the flex hose with my kit. I already have all the body clips, and the horseshoe clips you refer to, what i need is all the brackets for the frame or calipers or both. I will probably end up making them, but need to look at another car or pics to get an idea of where/how they should mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts