Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. When you do the conversion from manual to power disc on a 69, can you tweak your existing brake lines to match up with your distribution block after adding the booster?

2. My car has what I think is a proportioning valve on the frame rail under the drivers seat. Just need some feed back on if it is ok to leave it when doing the conversion.

3. I've seen comments that the disc brake spindles that come with most disc conversion kits give you a 1/2 inch per side wider track. If that's the case, I can have my drum spindles machined to accept the disc. conversion. Any pros or cons to that?

4. I also run 14X7 IC code (identical to the XT code)GM steel wheels. Any way to gurantee that my wheels will fit over the conversion kit? I've got a set of 15 inch rally wheels but don't have tires on them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
With respect to your question (2), if you've not seen this article on CRG, it may provide some insight:

Camaro Brake Valves

I think you could (should?) leave it in place. I have power front disc/rear drum and my car originally had this valve from the factory but I changed this up when I converted to C5 front brakes.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, I been over at CRG about as long as I've been on TC. I'd better go back and do some reading. Thanks for the link. Any body else that can help on my other questions?
'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts