Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a "kit/set" available, with a variety of flared male & female brake line plugs? Plastic threaded, or metal? I want to plug the lines when disconnected, to avoid excessive air, &/or painted parts damage due to brake fluid leaks. Reason, not always one gets to re-assemble everything the same day/week/month.:D Any lead on this will be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
I read your post annd have been wondering the same thing, esp for the male port plugs. Port plugs are a good way to bench bleed a MC, or so I've read. Install the plugs and stroke the MC until all the air is aout and it becomes solid. Soooo.....I made my own.

I put a short section of flared tubing through the flare nutand cut it off flush at the back side of the flare nut. Kinda mashed the tubing on the back side with a hammer a bit so it wouldn't move around, and then MIG welded a blob over the tubing and the flare nut on the back side. It should do exactly what I want it to, and the cost was zero as I had some old tubing and flare nuts sitting around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts