Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have switched from automatic to 4 SPD. Manual brakes to PDB. I have a 9" booster with adjustable rod. There are 2 holes to attach the clevis to the pedal, should I use the top or the bottom. I believe it is the one that would allow the pedal to be closer to the floor pan. It looks like the original location of the brake light switch is too far from the pedal to work. Do I need a different part or is there room for adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
The pedal location, as it relates to the brake light switch is the same a an automatic car.
If you have some distance, ther eis something not right (did you attache the return spring to the pedal?

Also, I believe (could be wrong) that with power brakes, the clevis and rod shoud attach to the upper hole on th brake pedal...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure it was original but my clevis was attached in the lower hole and a bracket for the BL switch was in the top hole...I am right in the middle of an automatic to manual swap too

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Power brake clevis uses the lower hole in the pedal due to geometry difference from manual brakes. Power brakes do not utilize the return spring or the pedal stop. Brake light switch is different and power brakes require a contact plate for the switch. Contact plate is available aftermarket, mounts to the pedal, and is also a piece of cake to fabricate yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts