Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 68 camaro the brake peddel is ? 3 inches higher then the gas peddel with manual drums I had it change over to front power disk and it still seems high to me. Is this normal .Yes brakes seem fine.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
When the brakes were changed over, was the lower hole on the pedal used for the rod to the booster? Manual brake cars use the upper hole, PB cars the lower.

If you do a search here for "brake pedal height" or "high", you should get the dimensions you're looking for. It has been discussed before.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the brakes were changed over, was the lower hole on the pedal used for the rod to the booster? Manual brake cars use the upper hole, PB cars the lower.
\

It is in the lower hole now. ? I do not know where it was before.
Brake peddle ins now 6" from floor. ? maybe this is normal. It seems high to me.:confused:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sounds like height of manual brakes, or thereabouts. Power brakes should be only about 3" from floor at rest.
Yours might be adjusted high to reach the brake light switch. Power brake cars used a metal arm in the upper pedal hole to contact the switch. Rickscamaros.com has them... PT-83 I think is the part#, with a pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts