Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the brake petal button on your 1st gen, well I need to find those 2 'nuts' that hold it in place. Mine are mangled and the brake petal sticks out too far since I can't adjust it. Any ideas? I haven't seen these anywhere so...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one that turns on and off the brake lights. The one right there by the brake petal, not sure what exactly it's called though.

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
I found them on page 169 (UPC 12B6) of my 1969 Camaro Factory Assembly Instruction Manual
Part #9420717. The button you refer to is Part #3886906(or 907) "Switch Assembly-Stop Lamp". If you can't find them as a complete assembly at "Ground Up" or the other repop shops try a junk yard (oops, salvage yard). My guess is it will interchange with many GM cars and won't be hard to find...

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"

[This message has been edited by DjD (edited 04-07-2001).]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DjD,
I've replaced the actual button/switch straight from GM. (Had to take the old one in) But they didn't have the 2 sheet metal nuts and couldn't get em. I'm thinkin about trying a regular one for a bolt even. Maybe I can find a slim one? Who knows looks like I need to keep lookin.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What thread is it? They should be a dime a dozen. Worse case would be to grind one down to the thickness you want. See if you can find out the diameter and pitch(threads per inch). I may have some laying around. If I do, I'll drop them in the mail to you.

69er

------------------
69 Camaro 454
71 Nova 454

If your not living on the edge then your taking up too much space

·
Registered
312 Posts
go to a good hardware stor. they are called speed nut's i belive. allso try a nut and bolt house. they are a very comon fastner used in the automotive/truck industry. allso appliance maker's use them and toy maker's.

they area very cheep fastner that dose not have to have much load on it.

as for adjusting your brake pedal, the switch is not for that. the switch adjust ment is just for the brake light's. there is a pedle stop adjusting shaft. off the top of my head i can not rember whether it is at the top of the assembly of down on the bottom.

anyone got the assembly manual handy? it should be in there and the spec for adjustment too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts