Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a set of Dynalite Wilwood Disc brakes on my 67 camaro. Staying with drums in the back. I am trying to figure out what master cylinder, proportioning valve, and brake line setup I should use. I am not using a power booster (will have a big cam, and not enough vacumn). Don't want to get into a plumbing nightmare. Does anyone know a set of components, particularly brakelines that will fit together well?

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
(will have a big cam, and not enough vaccum).
This is a common misconception....
you have poor vac at ildle right?
So how often do u have to actually use the brakes and how heavy at these times?
When u use the brakes to slow down or emergency, then the engine is throttle off (high vac) and at higher RMP (high vac)
When u are stopping (interesction) the vacuum drum holds the vacuum, then u sit there with your foot on the brake fine...
If u take your foot off, and replace a couple times the pedal will drop slightly rill use use up all the vaccuum...and if on a steep hill will have to press a little harder...but so what? u are not moving...
The worst is if idling down a very steep hill....u still have a small amount of assist, just got to press a couple oz s heavier...you hardly notice the difference....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.