Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to look at having the brake switch/manifold re-built. This is the hydraulic piece that mounts below the proportioning valve adjacent to the master cylinder and triggers the "BRAKE" light in the instrument panel if things are wrong in the hydraulic circuit.

Has anyone had this work done? and if so, who did it and how much did it cost? I am also open to the purchase of a NOS piece if someone has one for sale.

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
I know the peice your refering to, I can't think of the name right now.
I don't think this is a servicable part. I have one as well on my 67. What year is your car? Whats it doing, or not doing to make you think it's failed? I just ended up cleaning mine up and it seems to work, I think. I don't know what they cost new.

------------------
Steve
67 396 race car project
67 SS 396,4-sp mothballed for resto
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350, under current resto
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
150 Posts
SEK Z28, The longer flat piece that the elec. wire connects to, according to Ricks 1st gen., is a brake splitter block. I had problems with my proportioning valve. I called all over, and finally found a place called camaro country that could rebuild it. It was a bit pricey, about 100.00 or so, but I needed it. Once I got it back, I didn't have any other problems. Maybe they can repair the splitter block. Camaro country is in Michigan, phone #616-781-2906

If not, Ricks 1st Gen. lists them, but say you have to call for the price??

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts