Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my 67 coupe w/ front disc's.... Now my brake light always stays on. Brakes seem to be working fine. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
819 Posts
The switch for the brake light is in the proportioning valve. Sometimes during brake bleeding the valve gets jammed one way or the other causing the light to stay on. Standing hard on the brakes a few times sometimes fixes this. If it's really jammed you might have to take it off and investigate. First make sure it's not the switch on the E-brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
There is also a switch on the e-brake assembly that is activated when you depress the e-brake pedal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jonesy/12run,
what switch on the e-brake are you talking about? Where is it located? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
If you look at the e-brake pedal assy, you will see it at the bottom of this assy towards the firewall. There should be a brown wire attached to it. If you push in on the e-brake pedal, get under there and look for a white plastic rod that releases when the pedal or e-brake is set. I am assumimg that 67-69 setup is the same. This is for 69 car, but I think the 67-68 are the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jonesy,
thanks, i'll look at it tomorrow... By the way..that is one sweet looking ride. Your hard work payed off...

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
Thanks, it took a long time. I still havent got around to installing the interior yet. They are finally putting the hockey stick stripes back on it this week. Then I can take it home and finish off the insides and maybe actually drive it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Jonesy, that is such a great documentation with such good photos that I put it on my favorites to study in the construction, etc.

BTW, my brakes likes were showing on when I first fired up the electrics, and found the switch attatced to ebrake lever on left side by kick panel needed "adjusting"... with a screwdriver used like a prybar.

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
Jethro

Alot of the reasons why I took those pics were because of the discussion here on this site and the many questions asked. I figured a picture is easier to show and explain. It has been a lot of fun for me, I just dont know if I would do it again because of the amount of time I would need to invest. By the way, I have alot more pictures thatn I have posted and hope to organize them and display them better on my own independent site real soon. Lots of detail and explaining and sharing my experience with others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts