Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys . I cannot for my life get my brakes to bleed on my 68 camaro. Manual disk/drum setup. Master is from a 72 nova. I’ve tried 3 masters and nothing . The proportioning valve is brand new and I can’t find a exact diagram to if I plumbed the lines right . Any help is extremely appreciated .Thanks, Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
921 Posts
You didnt happen to change the front calipers did you? I put mine on backwards once (bleeders down) and thought I was loosing my mind why the brakes wouldn't bleed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didnt happen to change the front calipers did you? I put mine on backwards once (bleeders down) and thought I was loosing my mind why the brakes wouldn't bleed.

Calipers are brand new . I’ve been at this for weeks

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think you have something wrong with the routing. After looking at the pictures, you should have two front lines that connect to the left and right sides of the proportining valve, Then the line from the front of the master should go to the front of the proporting valve.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The set up I described would be for a drum/drum set up. Since you put front disc on, you should have a proportioning valve plumbed in. The proportioning valve I described in my other post is actually the distribution block.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If he wants to keep it stock looking, he will need a seperate proportioning valve. The photo above is a combination valve. I used a combo valve on my 69 for years. I believe it came from a 70 Monte Carlo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright fellas , the calipers were flipped .Thanks you guys for all the help! The pressure is amazing

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
If he wants to keep it stock looking, he will need a seperate proportioning valve. The photo above is a combination valve. I used a combo valve on my 69 for years. I believe it came from a 70 Monte Carlo.
The stock proportioning valve, if so equipped, was located on the subframe, The disc brake valve under the MC is a metering/hold off valve.
Camaro Brake Valves

1 - 13 of 13 Posts