Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed front and rear disc brakes on my 67 Camaro SS and after repeatedly bleeding the system I still have a soft or spongy pedal. this is a power assist system. any help would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did you change the master cylinder? If so did you bench bleed it? Did you change the proportioning valve? How did you bleed the brakes? I used a Mighty Vac and start at the right rear and keep the master cylinder topped off.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the M/C was replaced and I did bench bleed it. I did add an adj prop. valve but did not change the valve at the M/C. could this be the problem ?

·
19,844 Posts
this may sound stupid, but is the rod on the pedal in the right hole for power brakes?and the correct lenth?

------------------
My68Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.

[This message has been edited by DOUG G (edited 09-27-2000).]

·
Registered
715 Posts
There is probably air in the both valves and may take a while to get out. The Mighty Vac helps trust me. But get the rod figured out as well.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth

·
Registered
598 Posts
Northern Friend,
The top hole is for manual brakes and the pin needs to have the return spring connected from the top hole to column support.
The bottom hole is for power brakes and you can get away with not using the return spring with the booster back pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts