Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought a 68' Camaro SS/RS. I really think it's a clone car but I love it. I know very little about cars so I'm going to ask a lot of questions here. Hope you guys can help a beginer out. THanks

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Glad to have you aboard. :waving:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Looks like a good buy to me! Have you had a chance to drive it much?

·
Super Moderator
32,360 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Nice ride and nice deal. Oh, and the correct year also.

You have the WWD (Wing Window Delete) carried over from 67 models......LOL.

Water stains in the trunk, no-no. Find out where the water is coming from and fix it.

Also, put the battery in an NHRA approved battery box and vent it to the outside. The trunk interior sheet metal will love you for it. If you decide to keep the battery in the trunk, you may be required to hook up a kill switch for the battery cable. May not be a bad idea anyway.

Also, if battery in trunk, measure the charging voltage at the battery posts. You might not have enough voltage to keep it charged 100% because of cable length run. measur ebattery charging voltage after driving 10-15 miles.
Alternator is ? (internal regulated or external regulated?)

Regardless, still a nice ride.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the Club! Nice ride and nice deal. Oh, and the correct year also.

You have the WWD (Wing Window Delete) carried over from 67 models......LOL.

Water stains in the trunk, no-no. Find out where the water is coming from and fix it.

Also, put the battery in an NHRA approved battery box and vent it to the outside. The trunk interior sheet metal will love you for it. If you decide to keep the battery in the trunk, you may be required to hook up a kill switch for the battery cable. May not be a bad idea anyway.

Also, if battery in trunk, measure the charging voltage at the battery posts. You might not have enough voltage to keep it charged 100% because of cable length run. measur ebattery charging voltage after driving 10-15 miles.
Alternator is ? (internal regulated or external regulated?)

Regardless, still a nice ride.

Great advice! I was thinking about moving it, but you think this is the way to go?

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Everett was just pointing out things to do IF you decided to leave it in the trunk. Personally, I agree with you to move it back to the front. Less issues to deal with.

That said....Welcome and nice car !!! Good price for a runner too. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
32,360 Posts
Battery location is your decision. I made suggestions IF you decide to keep it in the trunk.

If you move it back up front. You should check you have all the wiring, -- junction block on the pass side of radiator support with the red wire going to the horn relay buss bar for power and battery recharging. New battery cables will come with pigtail to attach positive cable to this junction block.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would make sure that is water in the trunk. If its the batt. overcharging that would be worse. Batt acid and metal not best of freinds.
Nice car !

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,351 Posts
Hi,
Congratulations on your purchase. I think you got a good deal on the car. Very Nice! I would address the following items:
Definitely install the battery up front.
The Camaro was not an original Rally Sport. You can tell by the tail lights. On a Rally Sport car, the Reverse Lights were mounted separately below the bumper. The Taillight Bezels had 2 red lenses and both were for brake lights. The new harness can be purchased from http://www.americanautowire.com/
Very Nice Car, Welcome aboard.
Tory

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi,
Congratulations on your purchase. I think you got a good deal on the car. Very Nice! I would address the following items:
Definitely install the battery up front.
The Camaro was not an original Rally Sport. You can tell by the tail lights. On a Rally Sport car, the Reverse Lights were mounted separately below the bumper. The Taillight Bezels had 2 red lenses and both were for brake lights. The new harness can be purchased from http://www.americanautowire.com/
Very Nice Car, Welcome aboard.
Tory

Hey, great tip. Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sweet ride...looks to be a good deal also. I like the battery in the rear...I'd do all the items suggested by Everett.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts