Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
I would also suggest that you look into doing the wiring upgrade with the relays as well to insure that you are getting full voltage to the lights.. I think you can do a search on this subject and find out exactly what is involved. I am certain that if you test the voltage currently getting to your lamps, and you are still using the factory wiring, it will be less than 12 volts.

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci./365HP, T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 whl disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, floor console w/gauge package, center mntd. clock, tachometer

[This message has been edited by Go69 (edited 12-26-2001).]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hella has a conversion 7" round Halogen HB2 bulb with replacable lamps that I put on my 69. Have not done much night driving so can't say how much better they are than stock. For $80/pair I thought it was worth any improvement. Purchased them at Autobarn.net.

Joseph

[This message has been edited by Joseph (edited 12-24-2001).]

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
just go to wal-mart and pick up a pair on GE or Sylvania halogens.i think you will spend $17 or so for the pair of them.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
348 Posts
I put a set of Cool Blue's in my 57 and Angie is bad jealous. They are not very blue (thank God, I'm no ricer), but they throw some serious brilliant white light out. I am going to put some Xtra Vision lights on the 79 Z and compare them before I put new lights on the 69.

------------------
57 Plymouth Savoy in my family since new, just cosmetically restored, 93 S-10 waiting on the 80 Dodge Lil' red Express clone truck to be built then one s_10 for sale, Angie's mechanic and designated Vette cusser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
try the relay thing first & see what you think. even if you dont like it & end up wanting some blue/yellow or green lights (
) it will help them too. not bad for a $2.99 upgrade! i do it with all my cars.
take care!

------------------
80 z28, dual quads, griffin rad,(new motor being built), th350, tci 10" converter,screaming yellow w/blk-red graphics. show car/cruiser/racer, aiming for low 12's in '02!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was also looking to upgrade my dim head lights but without altering the classic headlight look.

My friend that works at a speed shop recommended installing the Hella head light housing but with PIAA 50, 100 European bulbs.

It sounds like the best solution to me. Guess I will find out soon.

------------------

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here is a link to an article on the relays http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to/relays/

Take a look at the other info on the site.

------------------
Sean James
67 camaro convertible
69 Firebird - ls1 t-56 behind pontiac 350 motor
12 bolt 4:10

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sean,

Thanks for the link. I really expected my new Hella lamps to be brighter than they were and now I know why they're not. Great info!

Joseph

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Hey 2x4, I also have the relay thing on all my cars, I even have it on the Camaro's HEI ignition, starter solenoid and fuel pump just to be safe.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

1 - 13 of 13 Posts