Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using these heads on a sb406. I'm trying to do a street/strip motor on a budget. The price looks good and I'll be 10 to 1 comp. with these heads. Also if I bought these would I have to do something with steam holes since I have a 400 block? Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm using the CK-IK210 heads for my Pro Charged 383 SBC.
I emailed using their online questioner and two days later I received a call from their tech support recommending either the RR 180 W/CNC ports or the CK-IK210 W/CNC.

According to their website, Brodix will drill steam holes for use with 400 SBC motors at your request. It doesn't look like they charge extra for drilling when you are buying a new set of heads.
Note: These heads have a 2-4 week waiting period so be sure and plan ahead of time.
Rich

·
Registered
61 Posts
I run the IK200's on my 406. They seem to make great power and the quality is what you would expect from Brodix. I run Probe 15cc dished pistons and I have about 10.3 compression. I opted to follow Brodix suggestion and not drill the steam holes, but instead in large the coolant passage on the head gaskets. I have no cooling issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts