Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have two dilemas going on this week if anyone can help or suggest a good alternative.

#1. My speedo broke, the needle is stuck on 30mph and the odometer is not turning, does anyone know if this is fixable, or will I have to get a new speedo.

#2. I installed a painless wiring harness for a 67 camaro, and I keep blowing the 15 fuse for the turn signals, also my headlights have gone out, they are brand new lights, and bulbs all the way around. The first time it happened I hit the brights/dimmmer switch on the floor, and all the lights went out, I replaced the switch, and my the fuse for the turn signals, now the headlights still don't work, and I replace my turn signal.

Thanks.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
#1. Unhook the speedometer cable from the back of the speedometer and pull it out. If it comes out in one piece, check it for any damage such as unraveling. If it looks like the transmission end of the cable is missing or damage it will need to be replaced. If the cable is good then spin the gear with your fingers while having someone watch the needle and see if it moves. If it doesn't, the speedometer is your problem. If it does, it most likely is the drive gear in the transmission.
#2. You have a short somewhere. A good place to start is by removing the bulbs, this creates an open circuit, and then start testing wires using your ohmeter. Some are easy to find and some will cause major hair loss!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts