Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any company's producing brushed aluminum pieces for the interior of 69 camaros? Emphasis on the center console and dashboards

I have some pictures of other cars with this look, but i dont know how to post pictures...how do i do this?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know of a company that can coat just about anything, plastic or metal, to appear as something else. I had them coat the insert around the shifter and the Autometer console gauge insert to look like carbon fiber. I knwo that he has a brushed aluminum look because I was thinking about doing my LT1 fuel rail covers on my truck. He's in St. Petersburg, FL. If you're interested in it, let me know and I'll pass on the information.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tokala: it would be great if you could pass me that information, and also i'd appreciate it if you could post the pics of the work you had done

Joe: im glad i could make your day ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
The company information is:
Hydro Illusions
2894 47th Av N
St. Petersburg, FL 33714
phone (727) 542-9628

The guy that owns it is a friend, Tom Argue. Tell him that you got the info from me: Ken Knaebel.

I'll post pictures on my webshots page when I get the car out into the sunlight this weekend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Neither one of them does anything, now. The cables were cut off when I mounted the speakers behind the kick panels. I left the handles in the slots because I was doing everything and not trying to change too much from stock appearance. 69's have 2 handles as far as I know.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ever thought about a brushed aluminum self sticking "paper" or the rolls of self sticking actual brushed aluminum? Both of those can be found at big hardware stores. The paper kind is a version of shelf paper, but for appliances, and I've seen the same thing but actually very thin sheets of actual brushed aluminum for the same thing. Basically, if you like the look of the brushed aluminum / stell on the top end appliances, thats what it looks like. Not sure how much you wanting to spend, but that might be a cheap option. Here it is at Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=124826-133-124826

·
Registered
284 Posts
OK. I finally got some decent pictures of what I did to the shifter surround plate. We covered the area that is normally woodgrain with a carbon fiber look coating. The process is done in water. The final product is clear-coated and buffed to a gloss.

Here are the links to the 2 pictures at Webshots:
Carbon fiber coating
Close up of carbon fiber

The guy that did this does have a brushed aluminum look coating. He's got a lot of other things like granite, marble and burlwood also.

I'm sure that everyone will notice that the ABS shifter tunnel is racked. I've had issues with the shifter breaking it when you go into 1, 3 or R. The car was not originally a 4 speed, but it originally had a console. I'm undecided about the tranny right now and may put an automatic in??? :confused:

·
Registered
142 Posts
There are 2 company's selling aftermarket dashes,the one I put in my 69 is from Covans,I love it,mine is the brushed aluminum look, some sort of plastic,nice and solid once it is installed,easy install,the other is made by Detroit ,Speed and Engineering,It is aluminum,I will e-mail you a picture of my dash,it has autometer phantom gauges,black with yellow hands!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts