Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've pulled the trigger and ordered a BowTieOverdrives 200-4R Level 2 for my 63 Nova (Camaro is next). They don't discount much when you buy all the parts, basically the only discount I got was maybe $30 saved on the speedo sleeve/gears, everything else is standard price, its $60 crate fee and $144 shipping to the freight company or business address. Bought a new 2600 stall converter and dust cover elsewhere for less but getting the Trans/Crossmember/TV System/Brake Switch Kit/Speedo Gears/Sleeve/Installers Kit with Pressure Gauge, Temperature Gauge, Gauge Mount and Inline Filter). I did find these transmissions cheaper from Ebay tranzparts1 but I decided to spend the extra $$$ to make sure I get a good quality transmission.

Costs?
BTO $1743.50
BulkParts $30 (dust cover/ground straps/magnets/extra filter)
ebay morandon $180 (2600 Stall Locking 200-4R Converter)
Drive Shaft King $60 (New U-Joints and Rebalance Shaft)
Trans Fluid $?? (Haven't purchased yet)
SKT 46174 Socket Extension $27 from greattoolspecials.com
TOTAL DAMAGE : $2,040.50 + Fluid

Planning to use my existing B&M shifter which isn't setup for an Overdrive, hoping I can still get 2/3/Overdrive and just have 1 missing until I can get a nice Flaming River Column Shifter setup.

Spent the extra $ for the Level 2 for added reliability even though I'm well under the HP Limit of the Level 1.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Sounds like fun, Brian.....:D what's in the Nova now ??

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
327 outputing around 330hp, plenty of power, TH350 thats got problems and a 3.08 open rear, next step after the trans is a 3.73 PowerTrax!

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Good idea to upgrade then if the TH350 is already on the way out....:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Brian,
I could have saved you some cash on a 200-4R and on shipping. I build racing transmissions and I'm about 45 minutes from you north of Denton. I'm very familiar with the 200-4Rs. I ran one in my '69 Chevelle for a couple of years behind the 427 BBC.

Good luck with it and if you need anything email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i have a really old b&m ratchet shifter...dont even know what it is, but they had the foresight to put in the extra detent ...mine was on a th350, and just didnt use the last detent...so 321 was actually 432 in the detents...i dont know if this is actually the case with all the shifters, but it only makes sense...like the column in my 88 chev truck mated to a th400...i put in a 700r4, and can get all the gears through the column, but the #`s are 1 off..

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Btw I ended up buying a 2200 Stall Heavy Duty Torque Converter from BowTieOverdrives, cost was $175, same as the Ebay seller.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey Brian ...
Thanks again for all the engine input you gave me.
I too got my tranny from Bowtie Overdrives (but I got the 700R4 as you know). Let me know when you get that thing dialed in. I might pick you brain on some things. My tranni kicks like a MULE shifting from first to second. I know you can adjust that TV cable and all that stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts