Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read so many posts about redoing bucket seats I thought I was ready to go and start. I turn over my driver seat and I do not see one "hogring." The vinyl is sewn to a hard piece of plastic that in turn I swear is sewn to the metal frame and I cant budge it. I have owned the car for 22yrs, to my knowledge the seats have never been redone.
The car is a 68 coupe and after reading some recent posts on the "center dash panel" I believe I have an optional interior package. Wood grain ashtray, and a dash trim piece. The seats just appear to be standard to me.
The bench seat is attached with hogrings.
Anyone seen this before?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The vinyl IS sewn to a plastic band. This band slips into a lip that extends around the bottom of the frame. You will need to slip this plastic band out of the lip to remove it. Turn the seat bottom upside down. Have someone stand on the center part of the fame to compress the springs. This should give you enough slack in the vinyl along the sides. Starting on one end push/pull the plastic down and out of the lip. Once started you can work your way around with ease.

If the old covers are going to be replace anyway you could cut them off.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just figured that out after reading one of my books on restoration.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts