Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a camaro ss and I have heard "stories" of how build quality just is awfull and falls apart 10 years down the road. Can anyone either confirm of deny this with examples of items that have broke and lasted during the course of there camaro ss ownership.

- Thanks

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Well...we won't know for at least 6 more years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 99 SS that so far has been pretty trouble free. The only issue I have had, was with a sending unit for the low coolant light. It was replaced under warranty and I haven't had any problems since.

------------------
Check out my 67RS project at:
http://members.aol.com/mknopp

·
Retired
26,642 Posts
My 96 Z28SS has just ticked off it's 60,000th mile (I'm the 3rd owner) and have had no major problems. I think the heater core is partially plugged from the red coolant and there are a couple rattles (it's got the bilstine lev II suspension and 17" wheels with 40 series rubber bands). I replaced the key fob door lock clickers when I got the car, they were shot. And the driver seat power button went bad and I replaced that. I've had it a year and 4 months and am happy with it.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

J

·
0 Posts
I am very impressed with the 4th gen Camaros. I have a 2000 SS with a little over 20,000 miles. I do bodywork for a living and have repaired or relaced just about everything you could emagine on a new F body. The Unitized construction and overall structure of these cars is very well built. As with any car if you take car of it you will have few problems. They are great cars.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My '96 WS6 Trans Am felt a lot more solid then the IROC's my dad used to own. Not so many rattles.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've had my 2000 SS for 2 months(used ofcourse)the only thing I see is that the aero package around the center mount exhaust is appied with double sided tape and is starting to come off on one side,but it's still under full warrenty.

other than that Iam happy,it's a blast!

------------------
"Drive it like you stole it"
67 327,4spd,3.73
70 454,400th,3.08
00 SS,NBM,CHROME ZR1'S,CME
(AKA 4 speed)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts