Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard build sheets on Mopars are typically hide under the seat. Is this the same for the first gen Camaro, or was there any at all??:)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
1st gen Camaro assembly did not use build sheets as A bodies did. They used the broadcast system whereby each sub-assembled component is tagged for the specific body/chassis it is intended for.

There were body broadcast sheets and chassis broadcast sheets; they are virtually never found in Camaros assembled at the Norwood, Ohio plant. Camaros built in Van Nuys CA sometimes have one of the sheets stuck to the top of the fuel tank, by now too weathered to read.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
People called them both build sheets and broadcast sheets. We know that that are talking about the " broadcast " sheets. I didn't think it was so crutial but... :( From now on, all those who say build sheets will be shot at sunset every day:D

Kev...
out looking for his broadcast sheet on his craftsman riding mower ;)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
The Norwood broadcast sheets can be found in the City of Cincinatti land fill.

You think they are unreadable when found on top of the gas tank, you should try to read one found in the landfill after 38 years.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
The Norwood broadcast sheets can be found in the City of Cincinatti land fill.

You think they are unreadable when found on top of the gas tank, you should try to read one found in the landfill after 38 years.

I'd be half tempted to dig that place up!

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
old 69 Z from tenn had a POP in the headliner...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just recently bought a 1969 LOS built Z/28 Camaro sitting in storage since the early 80's.Pulled the gas tank down and there was the Broadcast Sheet!! Original drivetrain car and 23,000.00 original mile car too!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Baldwin that is a score and a half!! I would love to find a build sheet one of these days on a car that I buy but so far not the case.

On another note (or maybe a sour note) Has anyone seen the company(or person) that is making build sheets/broadcast sheets? Not the ones reproduced for show cars. There is a guy out there that is making them up and ageing the paper!! They are so good some of them even have the seat spring rust marks on them!! It is damn scary times for the automotive enthusiast today. Today I would rather pay alot less for a non documented car and build it into something I like rather than shell out a ton of cash for something that could very easily be faked....

Mark
TOOFUN

·
Registered
474 Posts
found mine behind the seat panel on the drivers seat....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Just recently bought a 1969 LOS built Z/28 Camaro sitting in storage since the early 80's.Pulled the gas tank down and there was the Broadcast Sheet!! Original drivetrain car and 23,000.00 original mile car too!
Pictures please!!!
Doug

·
Registered
474 Posts
Gramps, do you mean inside the upholstery on the upright portion? I just picked up my Van Nuys 68 yesterday!
Yes, as I started to remove the back panel, it sorta just fell out...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts