1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
he mentions the dynacorn bodies. I guess you could go that route but it would take a work and parts after that... but then what do you have? 67s are worth saving though... :)

it looks like it has a subframe and a radio, what is that worth... :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
lol. thats my car i'm selling on ebay! i was wondering if anyone was going to post on here about it. it is buildable though. i just dont have time to... i've got better ones to build!:beers: i was told powerglides an opotion. i think the original color was mountian green or hunter green. i cant remember. i have the trans if anyone is interested in a correct date code tranny.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Chris. I guess if your a good metal fabricator and the labor is free, one could put it back together. My question is, would it be worth it? If it was a Z/28, an SS or perhaps even a L30/M20 with a matching drivetrain, I'd say so. However as the car in question is nothing special, you could invest a ton of time and money and end up with a car worth $20-30k tops.

Not that I don't have more into my car than its worth. :p

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
you've got to think about it this way....dont think about value. if you grew up wanting one of these camaros and cant afford or find one then this would be a great project. you can get really deep in this build. after it is all said and done you can have a great story to place on the car, a photo ablum of the build, the car you always wanted. i rather build my own cars personally besides paying 30,000-100,000+ for a car that is already done and have no special connection with it. does that make any sense? it just depends on how bad someone is really wanting a camaro i guess. oh yea. if it doesnt sell it will be scraped. i will keep the vin and tag so no one can use it on another. remove the rest of the parts which i can use on other cars.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Seriously though, was that thing pulled out of a swamp?
You West-Coasters just don't understand what the East-Coast has to work with. That car is par-for-the-course for the east coast. Easily rebuildable, and definately worth saving.

You West-Coast guys don't know how lucky you are with the rust-free cars out there. Lucky, lucky, lucky !!!!

:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You West-Coasters just don't understand what the East-Coast has to work with. That car is par-for-the-course for the east coast. Easily rebuildable, and definately worth saving.

You West-Coast guys don't know how lucky you are with the rust-free cars out there. Lucky, lucky, lucky !!!!

Even our rust-free cars aren't always rust-free. It ends up my blue coupe has rust issues in the typcial places all Camaros have rust issues and it was sitting in a storage locker for 20 years!

There are tons of better "buildable" cars here on the west coast that can be had for under $10k, which is what those dynacorn bodies cost. Perhaps what we really need is a "camaro rescue" network, so when someone finds a diamond in the rough, the rest of the "camaro world" could be let known and someone who might not have access to "west coast" Camaros can get in on some of our action and find a car more suitable for restoring.

Sometimes I wish I had a time machine and could go back to the early 1990s and instead of throwing my money away in the stock market, purchased up as many Camaro projects I could find. :D

·
Registered
445 Posts

You are right about that. I didn't realize that is what they meant when the said rusty. :)

·
Registered
3,677 Posts

I've got a pretty good understanding as I grew up in Wisconsin. I'm just glad that I can avoid working on cars like that now. I think the thing that I hated most was when bolts were so rusty that they couldn't even be removed...ya, that was the worst thing for me. Rust repair on sheet metal doesn't bother me.

I dislike the disassembly of rusty, nasty cars because it's such a PITA! After they're disassembled and sent to the blaster, everything is OK. Sheet metal replacement and fabrication is fun on a freshly disassembled/stripped car!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.