Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good book that would give me the basics on building a solid chevy engine. I know a little a bit but would really enjoy learning the mathamatical portion of building a balanced engine. Thank you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yea there is a book called "The step by step guide to engine blueprinting. Has all mathematical and theory's of engine building. I bought it thru Summit racing about 7 or 8 years ago. Good referal book, with alot of hints and information.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I get a lot of use out of the 2 David Vizard books - "how to rebuild your small block Chevy" for the basics, and "how to build horsepower" which gets into more engine theory, tuning, etc.

------------------
Matt
http://camarotech1.com
Camaro Tech 1st Generation

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
The "HP" books "how-to" series are very good but not geared so much towards the more advanced "gearheads" as Vizards or Ed Stafels.
Amazon should give you a percent off discount and I'm here to say they get them to you before you can turn around.

Try any of these. And if I had the money that I've got in my "library", I probably could afford that lung I want for my big engine. Ha!, Ha!!! Go figure.

(1) GM's Chevrolet Power.
(2) The Chevrolet Racing Engine by Bill Jenkins.
(3) Chevy Performance by John Michelsen.
(4) How To Build Max Performance Chevy Rat Motors by Ed Staffel.
(5) How to Hotrod Small-block Chevys by HP.
(6) How to Hotrod Big-block Chevys by HP.
(7) How To Rebuild Big-Block Chevy Engines by HP and also the small-block book.
(8) Big Block Chevy Performance by HP.
pdq67

·
Registered
170 Posts
all of the books mentioned are good I have the Jenkins book and the "how to rebuild the small block chevy"....the first thing you should determine is what type of motor you are going to build, from stock to mild to wild...it will not do you much good to buy a book like the jenkins book if you are planning a stock motor...some of the books deal with modifying and hot rodding the motor while other deal with a near stock rebuild, buy according to your plans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts