Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having my car painted (in shop now) and I have a question. I am "adding" a bumblebee stripe to my Plain Jane 67. it also has a cowl hood and rear spoiler, so it isn't a numbers car or anything. Here is the question. Most cars that came with these stripes have an SS or RS emblem on either side of the fender, within the stripe. My car is not (and I am not going to add emblems) an RS or SS, so what do I put in that space, or does the painter just run the stripe all the way around without the space? I know this is a wierd question, but what would be the "most" right thing to do here. I want the stripe, but I also want it to look good.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts
In '68/'69 they had the engine displacement emblem in that location - perhaps you might consider a set of '68 engine displacement emblems, if your car isn't a numbers matching strictly correct car, that might look okay. I think the bumblebee stripe really needs some sort of emblem there to look right, just my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep, my car also has the stripe and it is a 327/210 non RS or SS car. If you want it to be more correct you could do the soild stripe or if you like the c.i.d. number there better you could go that route.

Good luck with the new paint,
Matt

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Craig, I was going to suggest the same thing with the engine displacement numbers. I have a RS and it would seem like something is missing there without the numbers. BTW.....What color paint have you decided on? You might of mentioned it before and I missed it.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Never mind.......Marina Blue with a white Bumble bee stripe :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts