Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
That orange type cleaner spray stuff is pretty good at masking odors.
Another old trick was to put a fairly new tire in the car on the floor in front of the seat, close it up and park in the sun. The heat builds up and releases some rubber smell that is more at home around a car. Never know, its free. good luck

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
;) Here some Matha Stewart's type hints, clean all the interiors, including glass & shampoo the carpet, after the carpet has dried for 24 hours, sprinkle baking soda on the carpet, rub it in, and leave it there for a week. After a week, vacuum your carpets. The baking soda will absorb the remaining odor in the carpet.
I've heard another way to remove smoke smells is with Pine-Sol cleaner. Place several small bowls of Pine-Sol in the car's floor and close it off overnight, or for several days. Pine-Sol's detergent smell is very strong. Afterward, open the area and ventilate with outdoor air. As fresh air removes the detergent scent, most or all of the smoke odor will be gone. Or you can place one of those clothes dryer softener sheets in your car for a couple of days.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Get a couple guys and drive around with your shoes off .You will forget the burnig smell!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great ideas. Well, except my friends taking their shoes off in it, oh, and the cat crap. :D

While were on the subject of scents does anyone else remember the great car smell from the 70's? I can't find a tree freshener to match it. I can't really describe it but sometimes when i'm cutting my grass I get a whiff of something like it. No not dog crap :D I hope someone knows what i'm talking about it's a great smell.

Hey Sudo,

I just checked out the site you posted which one would you suggest scented or unscented?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ramjam the places that they do car detail have a spray that has the new car smell, and it takes cigarette smell away.One more thing if the foot smell it dosent do it, feed your friends beans and take them for a ride that might do it!!!!! :eek: HA HA! Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.