1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you do ?
Buy for an investment:
Drive it like you STOLE it :

IMO it could be like this, there will be so many people invest buying this car years down the road there will so many with low mileage the market wont be like it is for the first gens now ???
It would be a big gamble to do a investment with the new camaro and not drive it and later find out that the value didnt change. so you missed the enjoyment of driving the car. Just think put it in the garage, 25 yrs down the road and you cant find a gas station that sell gas. Only a quick electric charge. Have to go to the speed shop to get gas ?
So im going to drive mine like i STOLE it and enjoy it. So 20 yrs from now when my grandson or grandauther asks me what was a gas station i can say that where i went to put gas in those camaros thats in the garage...
My daughter now the other day said, Whats a phone booth. (lol)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I don't see a new Camaro being a good investment unless it is one of the tuner versions that have low production numbers.

Look at the new Mustang since 2005 - I do not believe there are any that are highly sought after yet.

My new Camaro will be my toy for cruising, some daily use and some drag strip fun :D

I always have the Daily Driver to fall back on for winter and those 'bad' car days :D

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,188 Posts
I agree.
Very risky investment.
Buy to drive.

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
I brought mine matching numbers 27yrs ago paid top dollar then $12000
Since then its been up to 30000 down to 7000 up to 12000 and now settled around the 65000...
Been used for most that time as a daily driver and play on the strip...
Like ANY investment, art, shares, property, its risky
If u are into art..buy art, enjoy it...if turns out to be a good investment is just a bonus for when u retire
Same goes for classics and vintage..

The best investment you can ever make is hard work and be good at what you do..
The 2nd best is prime land...land is constant supply and with popuation increase the demand increases...
bottom line investment is all about basic supply and demand ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts