Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about anyone being fooled.
Look at the firewall - there is obviously some cover up happening. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a fairly straightforward description, BUT....
Anyone who buys a car based only on pictures, gets exactly what they deserve. :eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the spring perch is shot through the rear floor pan...no pics of that!!

I sold it to him for 5750 like 2 weeks ago!!

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
I don't think he's covering up too much, the pictures show the car as fairly beat even without a shot of the spring perch. You might have gotten a few dollars more for it and he might not get his buy it now... The market is what the market is! I sense some resentment on your part but if you sold it and felt good about the money you got then move on. There is enough shown in the pictures that even a rookie car buyer should know to check it out closely...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It says "all the critical parts are good"....the car isn't even able to be safley driven...I don't care what he gets for it...I'm driving a low mileage 2000 Z28 now....I'm just saying he is covering ALOT up....there is rust in the trunk that you can't see from the angle of picture....same thing with the rear end not being center....but you don't see a driver side straight shot !!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just letting everyone on here know he's covering it up......next time I'll just brush it off I guess?

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Wow, you guys are kind of rough. I personally would appreciate seeing this post if I was one of the poor SOB's bidding on that car, I thought newbomb was being honest and didn't come off as a disgruntled seller at all, thats how I read it at least.
While I agree nobody should be fooled even by the pics because it looks hammered. But it looks reasonably solid and it sounds like thats not the case here. If it's as newbomb says (no reason to embelish), he shot some well placed pictures and misrepresented it in his add, by saying this alone
Car is drive quality, not a show car, but a solid, running driving 67 Camaro. the Floors are solid, as well as the trunk, and the rockers
If you look at the full trunk view it even kind of looks photoshopped?
I don't know, it seemed he was giving fair warning, as others have done in the past, and kind of got jumped about it.
I agree anyone who buys without looking in person is making a BAD BAD decision, but it happens all the time and people take advantage of them, it doesn't make it right.
I could be all wrong, but thats kind of what I got out of the post. I hope whoever buys it saves it, and I do know I'm glad I got my car before stuff like that started selling for nearly 10k , wow.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'm just letting everyone on here know he's covering it up......next time I'll just brush it off I guess?
I always appreciate a "heads up", and I don't feel from your post you have a axe to grind. You were the previous owner, you know the issues, and sounds like he used camera angles and paint to cover things up. The saftey issue of the spring perch is also a big consideration. There are so many young and old guys so willing to jump into this car craze that have not much knowlege on cars, and its not right to take advantage of them. The real car guys can spot the problems a mile away. It just seems the new owner is "putting lipstick on a pig" to make it more appealing. Just one guys opinion, not that theres anything wrong with that................:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the heads up NewBomb :thumbsup: good job :hurray: thats why I come to this board.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Him not mentioning the spring perch issue is a major no no in my book.. I wanted this car and to see that some guy got a great deal and is trying to turn major profit is wrong when he isn't disclosing all the important information..

Ad clearly states that all the major components are good to go.. He is not being honest..

Said to see what the hobby has turned into if you ask me.. Just another jobblow trying to make major buck..

Thanks for letting us know the truth..

James..

Westminster, SC 29693

·
Registered
309 Posts
OK I emailed him about it and here is what I got. Maybe he had it fixed :sad:

Hello,

how are the spring perches on the car and and rust on the floor pans or trunk? I would like to fly in from Connecticut would this car be SAFE to drive home
Details for item number: 220091003815

compusign1967 is the seller.

Well, I wouldn't suggest driving any 40 year old car that far, as far as it being safe, again, the car is 40 years old, and I can't even speculate and certainly can't guarantee any work that has been done to it along the way. The car start right up, and seems to run great, but I have never taken it on any cross country trips, so I would recommend trailering it. I could assist in loading the car. The springs perches are solid, the floor was torn where the drivers side leaf spring mounts to the floor, but I had it professionally repaired. and is solid. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. thanks Bob

Details for item number: 220091003815
Item title: Chevrolet : Camaro
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220091003815&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
End date: Thursday, Mar 15, 2007 15:39:43 PDT

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
I wasn't meaning to be rough on Newbomb by this, just stating the perception I got when reading what he wrote. There was a lot more than "Buyer Beware" said he flat out stated the auction was a scam!

Spring perches are welded to the axles if that matters spring pockets would be where the damage mentioned is at and how did Newbomb know a repair hadn't been made? As it turns out the seller is telling buyers asking that the spring mount area in teh floor was repaired... Like any seller the guy has to market the car and I doubt many here would lable their car a turd when trying to sell it even if it wasn't in good shape.

Had Newbomb just said "hey, take a look at my old car, I just sold it a couple weeks ago and now it's being resold. When I got rid of it it had this and this and this wrong and the guy paid $x for it. If you are interested in this car let me know I can tell you what to ask the seller about it." I wouldn't have gotten the impression I did.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Dennis, that also is a valid point. It seems that anytime we communicate by typing words, it takes the human element out, and the perception one person gets varies from others. I encounter this many times selling things on e-bay, and it can be frustrating. I have talked to people on the phone after reading their e-mails sent to me, and it takes on a whole new perspective. What may look like something aggressive, may actually be very passive over the phone, or face to face. Its all good, and I am just glad you both had a chance to voice opinions, this is a very informative place and I thank all of you, Mike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How come no undershots of the car? No side view of the driverside to see if the tire is square....he said "I have not driven it cross country"....he couldn't he didn't own it a week before he sold it....notice he put "new tires" those are my old shot slicks...and front runners....

Like I said....I was just warning you guys that it seems VERY fishy, no close up pics? I provided 24 pics of every angle and all the bad spots....

He painted the trunk, which was very rusty....you can see a hole in it....but says "all the critical areas are good"

Look at his previous auctions...looks like he does this alot...

I just hate when people try to take advantage of others....especially in the car hobby...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Funny...all that "professional" work done to fix the perch....and no frame ties?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts