Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS, i AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, ACTUALLY i (DARE i SAY IT ) am a mustang person but I am looking at buying a 69 bird. I was wondering if you might know were I can find a forum to help me w/my many bird questions that I am bound to have. tha cart is a project that needs newfloors & inner rails. is this a bad thing?
I know about changing rails on the satngs & have doe it a few times but is it as straight forward as that? also, do the bird conv. have torque boxes that I should be concerned about? thanks for the time & spaceto list me dilema, great site by the way

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
ALRIGHT, WHO LEFT THE SECURITY SYSTEM OFF?!?!

;) :D -Just kidding.

Welcome to the site. A Firebird is a lot closer to a Camaro than a Mustang so at least you are heading in the right direction.

A convertible that has had a lot of floor damage has to be the most difficult to restore. Some guys here have done it so maybe they will chime in. It requires structural bracing to be used in order not to twist up the body and other drastic measures. You might get more responses in the body shop area of this forum. Good luck with your project.

-Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts